I Speak...... love by Annalisa Nicole

I Speak...Love (A Different Road, #3)I Speak...Love by Annalisa Nicole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars worth of great characters, emotion-charged storyline and just generally excellent writing

Stephen Mason has been carrying around a load of guilt and secrets since his parents were killed in a car accident seventeen years ago that left his younger brother blind and his little sister with severe depression. Maddie Malone has her own issues after being abandoned as an infant and shuttled from foster home to foster home throughout her entire childhood. Where Stephen believes that he'll end up hurting anyone he allows to become close to him, Maddie's history has taught her that she'll lose anything she comes to care about. While I Speak...Love could technically be read as a standalone, as the third book in the A Different Road series, there is a lot of carryover from the previous books. This is not only Stephen and Maddie's story, but also a wrap up for the storylines for the other couples in the series.

I ADORED I Hear...Love and liked I See...Love almost as much, so I was really looking forward to Stephen and Maddie's story, and this book has the great characters, emotion-charged storyline and just generally excellent writing that I've come to expect from this author. However, it couldn't quite match up to those first two stories for me--I didn't connect to the characters as well for one, and I found the disconnect between the perception of Stephen's character in the first two books to how he actually is in this book a little disconcerting.

This book is still very good, though, plus I loved wrap up for the other couples. I look forward to more books by this author. 4 to 4.5 stars

B2B Kelly

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts