B2B Kelly's Review of Hazel Jacobs Black Lilith

Black LilithBlack Lilith by Hazel Jacobs
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I hit the jackpot with this new author

Mikayla Strong, a recent graduate with an events management degree, ends up working as a PA for Black Lilith, an up and coming band with a strict "no dating the PA" rule. Which is fine by Mikayla, because no matter how attractive she finds singer Logan Todd, this is only a temporary gig until she gets her life back on track....

I loved Mikayla; she's smart, and spirited and not afraid to stand up for what she wants and needs and I loved the character growth she showed over the course of the story. I also loved watching her relationship with Logan and the other band members develop over time, and the interplay between the band members themselves, who are a family rather than just co-workers. Logan is definitely drool-worthy as the guy willing to do whatever he has to in order to take care of his family.

The characters and the humor sucked me in and the plot kept me engaged--almost too engaged as I made the mistake of starting this shortly before bedtime and ended up staying up to finish it instead of sleeping. Starting a book from a brand new author is a little like Forrest and his box of chocolates: you're never sure what you're going to get, but I felt like I hit the jackpot here, so I was very happy to learn the next books in the series are already in development. I'm very much looking forward to stories about the remaining band members and more books from this author. 5 stars

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts