Review! Grievous by Nancy Haviland

Grievous (Wanted Men, #5)Grievous by Nancy Haviland
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So when you find yourself finishing a book at 4:30am and you can’t fall asleep til 5...then wake up and still have the reaction of Holy Sh**, you can only describe the book as a must read. Grievous is the 5th installation in the Wanted Men series and I can honestly tell you it truly is the best she’s written in this series.

Grievous starts with an overlapping of the final chapters of Ultimate Vengeance, the death of a beloved brother. Lucien Darius Fane is grieving, soul wrenching grieving. All he sees in his mind’s eye is red: blood being spilt and covering everything. Vengeance will be his sweet deliverance. As Lucien spirals to a place where his demons live, Yasmeen is the only thing that tethers him to reality and just barely. Her beauty astounds him, her intelligence even more so. He needs her for one thing only and he will not be denied.

This book has so much within its pages that captured my imagination and my heart. From the commanding, domineering and undeniable personality of Lucien to subjects of betrayal, abuse and mental break down, at the end of the book you are left nothing short of this book’s title, grievous. The love story that brews between Lucien and Yasmeen is not the typical boy meets girl and they fall in love. What started as pure lust on Lucien’s behalf, took on a life it’s own that grew into something that he just refused himself to see and accept. Not so for Yasmeen. As their love story starts coiling tightly, when you come to the end of the book you will be like me not believing the way it ended and that it ended. Yes, mega cliffy! I am currently waiting with baited breath to know what happens next cause I have a feeling it’s going to be awesome and can’t wait. I completely hold up my hands too and confess I have read the end of this book three times! Each time I hope I am mistaken but I’m not!

With the use of dual POV, palpable steamy scenes and thrilling action, Grievous takes on the mafia genre and makes it its own. This was a definite 5 star read for me and I assure you it will be the same for you.

B2B Mila

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts