Review! Bound By Blood (The Betrayed Series #2)Bound By Blood by Victoria Renteria

Bound By Blood (The Betrayed Series #2)Bound By Blood by Victoria Renteria
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

********** Gifted Copy **************

Where do I begin? I guess the first place is to say this was a gut wrenching, I have to put the book down and walk away and come back to it type of read. This book was not what I expected at all. Bound by Blood most definitely binds and winds the reader so tightly in the feels from the first chapter to the last. This is not a book for the faint hearted by any means. And, even though this was a tough read for me, I am happy I finished it.

Alex and Kylee are in a race against time: Alex finding and saving Kylee and Kylee surviving the kidnapping and returning to Alex's side. Alex has to turn to his military training and his best friends to help keep him sane enough to get the mission completed : Get Kylee Back!! Kylee digs deep in the recesses of her mind to survive the maniacal thing (you'll have to read why I refer to it as a thing) from her past. Both, Kylee and Alex know that if they falter even once, it means the end for both of them.

Holy frigging cow! Usually I have the problem of not wanting to put a book down because the story has me by my heart through my stomach, not this book. The reality and descriptive images the author weaves into Kylee's kidnapping had me cringing and nauseous and a blubbering mess. My heart bled for her. I almost felt the author spent too much time on some scenes, I just wanted to be over. I will say too I got frustrated that Alex was not moving fast enough! I hate to say it but I wanted him to be more alpha. With soul crushing subjects of abuse, rape, torture and miscarriage, Bound by Blood is a gutting bloody good read.

While I would love to give this 5 stars, I can't. Why? The story ends in a mega cliffhanger and I am in total shock. All I want is to ask the author.... What did you do?! Why?? This was a 4 star read for me.

B2B Mila

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts