B2B Kelly's Review of Something to Belive in by Ella Fox

Something to Believe In (Renegade Saints, #4)Something to Believe In by Ella Fox
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A nice mix of sweet and hot, funny and moving

Tyson Allen is a member of the successful rock band Renagade Saint and a recovering drug addict still dealing with the issues that led him to drugs in the first place. What he doesn't know how to handle is the attraction he feel for the new assistant, Daisy Hammond, who has dealt with a few issues of her own.

I liked both Daisy and Tyson, even when Tyson was being a jerk towards Daisy. I especially liked that Daisy was only willing to put up Tyson's treatment up to a point and then she called him on it. I thought Tyson's character showed some nice growth over the course of the story and I enjoyed the interplay between both Daisy and Tyson and all the supporting characters.

The plot, though entertaining, was relatively straightforward and while it never really dragged, I didn't find it particularly riveting either. I did like the minor and slightly mystical element of Tyson's dreams; it was a nice touch that added emotional depth to the story.

Something to Believe In is the fourth book in the Renegade Saints series and I hadn't read the previous books first. While it works as a standalone, I suspect I would have enjoyed it more if I had read the series in order; in fact, I think it would have turned what was a 4 star book for me into a 4.5 or 5 star book. As it was, this was a nice mix of sweet and hot, funny and moving, and I'd like to go read those earlier books to put this one in perspective.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts